1. Finally finished my Bumble and bumble Bb Texture Creme. I picked this up probably a year ago, and since a little goes SUCH a long way, I’m just getting around to finishing it up (I had to cut it in half to get to the last little bit of product). If you’re big on shine, this is not the creme for you, as this product provides a shine-free finish…which I didn’t realize when I bought it…even though it’s printed RIGHT ON THE TUBE. It does give great hold, though. I used it on only the ends of my hair on days when I wanted to rock some loose curls/waves. I recently tried a generous sample of Oribe’s Creme For Style, which I really liked, so I think I may switch to now that this is gone.
2. I LOVE John Frieda’s Full Repair Conditioner. It leaves my color-treated/damaged hair in amazing shape, and it’s a STEAL at under $8 a bottle. I fully expected to love the Full Repair Hydrate + Rescue Deep Conditioner…but didn’t. I didn’t find it to be that much different than the regular conditioner…it was a bit of a thicker formula, but that doesn’t really seem to justify the price increase.
3. Another drugstore coupon-induced purchase: St. Ives Exfoliating Body Wash. This bottle lasted me MONTHS and I am an at-least-once-daily-shower-er, but I wasn’t super impressed by the formula. Whereas it did provide a nice, fresh, tingly, clean feeling, I personally prefer a bit more grit in my body scrubs. If you’re someone who loves two-in-one products, maybe you’ll love this because it does seem to hover somewhere between body wash and body scrub, but I’ve already found a body scrub I like better…
4. As a transitional red-head (I say “transitional” because my hair is more of a red-brown right now than a true red), I am obsessed with red color-depositing shampoos and conditioners. I LOVE Aveda’s Madder Root Color Conditioner. It smells…interesting…BUT the FORMULA! It is one of the only color-depositing conditioners I’ve tried that’s actually a conditioner. I use this and the Madder Root Color Shampoo a few times a week to keep my hair from turning more brown than red.
5. Body Shop Lip Scuff: I was so thankful when I finally finished this. Awful. Not super effective as a lip scrub. I wear a lot of bright lipstick/lip gloss colors, and flaky lips under a great lipstick is never cute. I just picked up Sara Happ’s Lip Scrub in Sparkling Pink Grapefruit and am IN LOVE. I do not know how I lived without this product before. It’s gritty and effective, but also contains grape seed oil and jojoba oil, so it doesn’t feel abrasive. AND IT WORKS! Obsessed.