Strolled into Sephora this afternoon to pick up some moisturizer…and made the mistake of walking past the Giorgio Armani counter…and ended up with this:
What I bought:
1) Umbrian Clay Oil-Free Lotion by Fresh: hands down the best day moisturizer I’ve ever used. It delivers serious moisture without clogging my pores…AND it’s packed with antioxidants and Vitamin C & E. Pricey but I only need one pump, and it lasts for months!
2) Eyes to Kill Excess Mascara by Giorgio Armani: Haven’t tried this yet, but I’ve read some rave reviews and am looking forward to taking it for a test drive tomorrow.
3) Eyes to Kill Silk Eyeshadow in #4 Pulp Fiction: a taupe-grey shimmery shadow with a velvety texture. I’m excited to see how this wears over the course of the day!
On the literary front, I’ve been on a classics/royal-history kick lately, and recently picked up these beauties:
1) The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
2) Madame de Pompadour by Nancy Mitford
3) Georgiana: Duchess of Devonshire by Amanda Foreman
4) The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
Ethan Frome is one of my top 5 favorite books ever, so when I came across these gorgeous Vintage Classics editions of Wharton’s The House of Mirth and The Age of Innocence, two of her most famous works and both titles I haven’t read yet, I had to have them. You know I’m a sucker for a well-designed cover. Right now, I’m almost finished Mitford’s bio and have started The House of Mirth.
Will report back with full reviews soon! In the meantime, have you been to the beauty counter or the book store lately? Care to share?