I know it’s a bit early to be setting New Year’s resolutions, but the continuous barrage of CHRISTMAS CAROLS playing in Rite Aide this evening and the amount of cupcake baking I’ve undertaken in preparation for this weekend’s Friendsgiving have put me in a holiday mood. With the holidays come copious amounts of eating, and the inevitable expansion of my ass that ensues. I want to get ahead of the bulge this season, so I’m setting my New Year’s resolution early: I hereby resolve to start running again.
Years ago, when I lived in Hamilton Heights, I used to go running along the Hudson River from 145th to 72nd and back almost daily…and I miss the way that running made me feel. If I’m going to start running again, I’m going to need some running gear…so here’s my wish list/inspiration:
1. “Plié Chassé Jeté All Day” t-shirt from chip chop! and The Australian Ballet ($50)
2. Nike Pro Women’s Sports Bra ($30)
3. Old Navy Women’s Active Compression Capris ($30)
4. My new running shoes! Ryka Avert Lightweight Running Shoes in Gray and Coral via DSW ($39.95)
5. Falling Freely Leg Warmers in Angel Wing/Silver Grey by Lululemon ($58)
6. Nike+ Fuel Band SE in Rose Gold ($169) Attention Santa…if I found this under the tree this year, I wouldn’t be upset…I am LOVING the rose gold detailing!! (Size small please…wink wink)
7. Run with Me Toque in black by Lululemon ($32)
8. Nike Gym Vintage Full-Zip Hoodie ($55)
9. Nike Flex 2013 Run Lightweight Running Shoe via DSW ($79.95)
10. Diamond Burst Bra via Anthropologie ($42)
11. Pure & Good Floral Crop Leggings via Anthropologie ($78) I am obsessed with these floral print leggings…maybe for when the weather gets warmer?
12. Gap Fit gFast Printed Leggings in Neutral Print ($59.95)