When I talk skincare with my girls, I am SHOCKED by how many of them don’t incorporate an exfoliating scrub into their routine. Exfoliating treatments do so much for our skin:
- they buff away dead skin cells, which keeps our pores unclogged (and clogged pores are a big trigger for acne)
- they prepare skin to really receive the benefits of the ingredients in toner, moisturizer, and serums
- they help speed along our skin’s natural renewal process
Just adding this simple step to your nightly skincare routine can have a huge impact on your skin’s tone, radiance, and clarity. Here are a few of my favorite (with some natural options!):
1. Dermlogica Skin Prep Scrub ($34 at dermstore.com) Key ingredients: corn cob meal, cucumber extract and aloe leaf juice.
2. Dr. Brandt Skincare Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant ($78 at Sephora) Key ingredients: pharmaceutical-grade crystals, lactic acid, and soothing botanicals.
3. Arcona Cranberry Gommage ($44 at dermstore.com) Key ingredients: jojoba beads, white tea, cranberry extract and witch hazel.
4. Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash ($27 at Sephora) Key ingredients: amino acids and citric acid.
5. Sibu Beauty Exfoliating Scrub ($19.95 at drugstore.com) I had the opportunity to try a deluxe sample of this scrub, and it left me with a soft, glowing complexion that lasted well into the next day. Key ingredients: sea buckthorn oil, apricot seed powder and apricot kernel oil.
6. Walnut Complexion Scrub by Ole Henriksen ($24 at dermstore.com) I am such a huge fan of everything Ole Henriksen I’ve tried, and many of Key ingredients: aloe vera, chamomile, Korean ginsing, and walnut powder.
7. Sugar Face Polish by Fresh ($58 at Sephora) This is, in my opinion, the Rolls Royce of exfoliating treatments. This product does double duty as a scrub and as a mask, and is beloved by gorgeous ladies such as Kristina Bazan of Kayture and Catherine Walsh, the SVP at Coty. Key ingredients: brown sugar crystals, crushed wild strawberries, meadowfoam seed plum mango oil, macadamia oil, and the natural citrus oils of Italian lemon bergamot, grapefruit and orange.
Got a favorite exfoliating scrub? Share it in the comments!