A peek at what I’ve been reading on the interwebs:
- Over at Gardenista, Erin Boyle shares a recipe for a Rose/Cardamon/Ginger bath soak courtesy of Briar Winter of Marble & Milkweed.
- The Cut has rounded up a list of the 50 best cult & classic lip shades.
- Also on NYMag, the Daily Intelligencer rounds up six NYC independent bookstores that are thriving.
- Biblioklept has a wonderful infographic that illustrates all of the deaths in Shakespeare’s tragedies. Super helpful for future English majors…
- According to Time.com, these are the 21 Female Authors You Should Be Reading…and it reads as if someone googled “lady writers.” Plus one for ensuring the list was fairly diverse, but there are some amazing writers left off (ummm…Doris Lessing? Jenny Erpenbeck? Caroline Blackwood? Claire Vaye Watkins? Ramona Ausubel? Siri Hustvedt? ANNE CARSON?? LYDIA DAVIS???? SO MANY!!!) in favor of including some already renowned women such as Amy Tam, Elizabeth Gilbert and Cheryl Strayed. UGH! This is why I have a love/hate relationships with lists!!
- Buzzfeed introduces us to Jeffrey the camel, who loves beer.
- Paper & Type has hilarious “Busy Person Correspondence Cards” up on the blog.
- Caroline Hirons takes on when to splurge and when to save on moisturizer.
And in honor of Tuesday night’s RANDOM APRIL SNOW/ICE SHOWER, Meryl Streep in a sweater.